Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The World Around Me

It is amazing how the prevailing atmosphere of a place can affect one's subjectivity and sense of self. When I was at Michigan State, to vote Republican was almost akin to declaring your devotion to ritual child sacrifice. Now that I am in Grand Rapids, to vote Democratic is to declare one's alliegance to Satan and his array of dark forces. This is not just sociology. It is a definite atmospheric affect on all psyches within the range of the influence. Related to this is the intense feeling of being a Christian that I had while at MSU which has entirely left me at Cornerstone, where being a Christian is taken for granted, with the result I don't really feel like one anymore.

Without friction there is no feeling, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home